BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Sunset Ride 
Sunset Ride 

BOB has retired moved! Our current platform (the one you are reading right now) is over 18 years old. Rather than continue here, the community has moved to a new software platform! We are excited about the move and hope that you'll come with us.

The new community URL is https://bobj-board.org/.

User accounts have not been converted. In order to participate on the new platform you will need to create a new account. Existing posts have been retroactively assigned to your user name, but are associated with an anonymous account. No personal information (email address and so on) has been transferred to the new platform.

If you have any questions, the "About BOB" forum will remain open for the remainder of 2020, at which point it will be replaced by a static page directing folks to the new community.

Thank you for your support and participation for the past 18 years.

Web Intelligence Question

Search this topic... | Search About BOB... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> About BOB  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
developerbo13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:34 am 
Post subject: Web Intelligence Question

Hi,

In my Web Intelligence report, I have 5 queries Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5.
Q1 has three dimensions A1, B1 and C1
Q2 has three dimensions A2, B2 and C2.
These A, B and C shows the same values but they are from different tables.
Now I have created 2 variables V1 and V2
V1 = Q1.A1+Q1.B1+Q1.C1
V2 = Q2.A2+Q2.B2+Q2.C2
I have done the merge dimension of V1 and V2. Let's call that V.
In the block, I am showing most of the values from Q1 but some columns I am taking from Q2 by creating a detail variable and choosing Associated dimension as V.
Till here everything is fine.

Queries Q3, Q4 and Q5 are having the dimension A2. Now I am doing the merge dimension A2 from Q2, Q3, Q4 and Q5. Let's call that Z. I need to show some columns in the block from Q3, Q4 and Q5 as well but these column values are not appearing in the correct rows. I have created detail variables of those dimensions and chose the Associated Dimension as Z. But these values are appearing in the rows where the values from Q1 is null. I have done checked ''Avoid Duplicate Row Aggregation'' in the Format Table properties and unchecked all the 3 empty measures checkbox but it is not working.

Can someone please help?
julienbras
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:23 pm 
Post subject: Re: Web Intelligence Question

Hello,

I recommend to post your issue on https://bobj-board.org/ as this current forum is not active anymore.

Thanks !

Julien Bras -- Product Manager @ GB&Smith --- latest articles:
• 2020-05-03 Moving from Eclipse to VSCode by a Java Developer
• 2019-12-04 Temp acceptance systems on AWS
• 2018-09-30 Web Scrapping with Python
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> About BOB  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP