BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Want to sponsor BOB? 
Want to sponsor BOB? (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Admin can't view instances

Search this topic... | Search CMC... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Security and User Administration -> CMC  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Lane32r
Forum Member
Forum Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:31 am 
Post subject: Admin can't view instances

First, want to say that this forum has helped this newbe to CMC out a lot, so thanks!

I am an administrator of out system and we are using XI 3.1, SP3. We set up a public folder that stores standardized reports so users(company-wide) can go and schedule these reports to run when they need them to. We even set some up centrally to send out by email. We do this so we can have history in case they need an old report, we won't have to run it again.

Well, we recently ran into a security issue where users can see the instances of others. Though this would be a quick and easy fix. I went to the access levels and denied users to view document instances and restricted them to only be able to view the instances they own.

Now, this solved that issue, but it also restricted my administrator of the folder from viewing the instances his users created. So I went in and I could not view the instances either. Am I just missing a setting somewhere to allow the admins to be able to view these or is this not possible?

Thanks!
joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:39 am 
Post subject: Re: Admin can't view instances

Try using "Unspecified" instead of "Explicitly Denied" on the "View instances" right.

Joe
Lane32r
Forum Member
Forum Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:36 pm 

Changing the right to 'Not Specified' allows everybody to view all instances.
joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:03 pm 

Then they must be getting the right granted from another group that they're in. In User Security, select the group and hit View Security. Look for "View instances" in the list of rights -- it should say Granted. Click on "Granted" and it will show you the group membership that is providing the right.

Joe
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Security and User Administration -> CMC  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP