BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

IBIS 2014: Limitless BI 2.0 
IBIS 2014: Limitless BI 2.0 (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: Upcoming Events: BONYMAUG: May 14, BI2014 Nice, France: May 21.

Web Intelligence cannot perform the intended action on this

Search this topic... | Search WebIntelligence XI... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Building Reports -> WebIntelligence XI  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
deepthi
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:59 am 
Post subject: Web Intelligence cannot perform the intended action on this

hi,

we are currently working with webi reports.i have a folder hierarchy for my reports.first if i open a report from one folder & save it in the folder below it.Then i open the report that is saved in the sub folder.As soon as i click on the report,i get an error message "Web Intelligence cannot perform the intended action on this document. (Error: WIS 30650)".The report opens correctly in top folder but when saved in the sub folder,it shows the above message.please suggest me a solution for this problem.We are using java SDk in our application.
Anita Craig
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:45 pm 
Post subject: Re: Web Intelligence cannot perform the intended action on t

Please tell us which version of WebIntelligence you are using. And are you doing this saving from within Infoview?
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:15 pm 

hi anita,

Thanks for ur response. We are using Business objects XI release2.version 11.5.3.4175.If i save the report in infoview, i am not getting this problem.I face this problem only when i save the report from my web application.Please suggest me some solution.I have tested this on the later versions & patches of business objects but found no help.

Deepthi.[/img]
Anita Craig
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

flag
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:07 pm 

Since I'm not on XI, I cannot give any suggestions. What I'll do, however, is move this topic from "General Discussion" to "Building Reports" ==> WebI XI -- where someone who's using that version might be able to help.

However, I think you may still need to explain what you mean by "saving from your web application".

By the way, Please do not use Instant Message abbreviations on BOB, such as "ur" for "your". We are an international community, and spelling out the words will make BOB easier for everyone.

Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:22 pm 

hi anita,

will follow your suggestion.Let me explain my apllication and how we are using business objects and what i mean by saving a report from my application.we are using business objects java sdk in our application.It is a web application where we display some canned reports in a tree structure on the left side.The reports are inside a folder.Below this folder we provide another folder for the user to save the canned reports that are in the top folder.The user when saves a particular canned report in to the second folder(below the top folder),he will get access to edit his report which he cannot do in the top level folder.So my problem is that whenever a user saves only one particular report which has prompts in to the second folder and tries to open the saved report from the second folder,the exception pops up saying "Web Intelligence cannot perform the intended action on this document. (Error: WIS 30650)".This exception comes only if he saves the report from my application.It works fine if he saves it from infoview.Hope this explanation helps.please let me know whether you were able to get some idea about the applcation.
Prashu
Forum Associate
Forum Associate

flag
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:47 pm 

Hi
icon_smile.gif
The WebIntelligence server is unable to complete the current task, because of lack of resources or access problems.
May be you can ask your Business Objects administrator to verify that your security profile allows you access to the corporate repository.

venira
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:14 am 

deepthi wrote:
This exception comes only if he saves the report from my application.It works fine if he saves it from infoview

Doesn't it clearly indicate where the problem is?? icon_idea.gif

deepthi
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:17 am 

If the problem is from my application,then once i save the report from my application i should be able to open it from infoview.But this is not happening.I am unable to open the report even from the infoview (if i save it from my application)and the exception it throws is also a business objects exception and not a java sdk exception.Please suggest me any solution.

Deepthi.
deepthi
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:18 am 

hello everyone,

My problem got solved when we started using Business Objects pre-GA version.This issue was no more visible when we shifted to this version.Thanks for your support

Thanks & Regards,
Deepthi.
cvilliers

flag
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:11 am 

Hello,

what do you mean by "Pre GA version", what is it ?

Thanks
deepthi
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:04 pm 

HI,

Business Objects has released their latest release which they claim to be as pre GA (before release)version.As we all know that GA is the final stage of release of the product.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepthi.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Building Reports -> WebIntelligence XI  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP