BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: BOB is going to retire...please see details here.
General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

FYI: Isolated Join Message

Search this topic... | Search Semantic Layer / Universe Designer... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Semantic Layer / Universe Designer  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Listserv Archives
Archive Owner
Archive Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 1998 1:24 pm 
Post subject: FYI: Isolated Join Message

I was modifying the 10.7 Oracle RDT templates (OE and INV) and kept getting the following error messages when running an integrity check on the Universe.

Parse Joins - 3 Errors
Parse Failed: Invalid Definition

Check for Context - 3 Errors
Check for Isolated Join
Isolated Join:
Isolated Join:
Isolated Join:

Note that neither of these messages told me which join had a problem. I went through each join individually and parsed them, but couldn't find any problems. I then contacted tech support they suggested that I export the and then re-import the universe in question. That magically seemed to clear up the messages. Anyway, I just didn't want anyone else wasting time trying to figure out why these "blank" error messages appear.

- Greg

Listserv Archives
Archive Owner
Archive Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 1998 1:38 pm 
Post subject: FYI: Isolated Join Message

And, should anyone modifying the RDTs for Oracle Payables, Oracle Purchasing, or Oracle General Ledger encounter the same behavior, follow the advice below (same thing happened to us).

--Amy Miller

At 11:24 AM 9/25/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I was modifying the 10.7 Oracle RDT templates (OE and INV) and kept getting the following error messages when running an integrity check on the Universe.

>Parse Joins - 3 Errors
>Parse Failed: Invalid Definition

>Check for Context - 3 Errors
>Check for Isolated Join
>Isolated Join:
>Isolated Join:
>Isolated Join:

>Note that neither of these messages told me which join had a problem. I went through each join individually and parsed them, but couldn't find any problems. I then contacted tech support they suggested that I export the and then re-import the universe in question. That magically seemed to clear up the messages. Anyway, I just didn't want anyone else wasting time trying to figure out why these "blank" error messages appear.

>- Greg

====================================
Amy A. Miller, Data Analyst
University of Pennsylvania ISC
Office of Data Administration
3401 Walnut, Suite 265C /6228
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6228
Phone: 215-898-2171 Fax:215-898-0386
Email: milleraa@isc.upenn.edu

Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Semantic Layer / Universe Designer  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP