BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Sunset Ride 
Sunset Ride 

General Notice: BOB is going to retire...please see details here. All BOB forums have been converted to "read only" as of September 1st.
General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Issue in performance

Search this topic... | Search DI: Performance and Tuning... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Data Integrator -> DI: Performance and Tuning  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
manas_mas
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:48 pm 
Post subject: Issue in performance

Hi,
We are migrating from one network to another network. So we have installed BODI server on a new box now. We have imported the whole repositories. Now when we are running job its taking very long time. It was working fine before this. We had issues in network where packet was getting dropped but it has been fixed.

If I try a job where target is table then it is taking time. where as if i make targt one csv file and in next data flow i load from csv to table without any transformation then it is taking very less time.

If i make xml file as target with schema so that in next step i can use it as source ... it is taking very long time.

The initiatiation process of a job is also taking longer time compared to last server. Can anyone tell me where I need to look for finding out the issue ??

Is there any parameter which u need to set which improves performance as the whole code is same as we used export and import ??

RAM of that machine is 4gb.

Any help on this is appreciated..... If you need any more info then please let me know..
jar80
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:38 pm 
Post subject: Re: Issue in performance

Hi,
I would try something like keep a rowgeneration and load 10 million records to target table/xml/text file/Reject all using map operation and see whats happening in each case.

Hope this helps
raj
eepjr24
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:48 am 

If the only thing that is changed is the network and physical box (ie, you did not use a different version of DI, you are going to the same DB type and from the same type source, etc), then I would look at the things that changed. Is the network bandwidth the same on the new network between the source and target? Is the box equivalent or better than the original system (RAM size, RAM speed, disk speed, number of CPU's, speed of CPU's, etc)? Are you using the same network protocol? Have you done end to end ping tests on both network setups and are they equivalent?

- Ernie
developer_007
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:09 pm 

I agree with the previous posts. To diagnose the problem you have to determine whether the issue is with the new box, database that DI is running on etc... To diagnose the new box I might suggest loking at the stats in task manager, see if there is any effect on memory, cpu usage etc... As for the databases you may need to use a profiling tool to determing what exactly is happening at a database level. Good luck.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Data Integrator -> DI: Performance and Tuning  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP