BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Lead By Knowing (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Infoview : WIS 30270 error.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Search this topic... | Search XI Server Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Server Administration, Installation, Upgrades -> XI Server Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
neos
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:48 am 
Post subject: Infoview : WIS 30270 error.

Did any one face this error. I am using BOE Java Infoview. The infoview starts up and logs in and all fine. whne I try to create a new webi report, it asks for java authentication and then gives out this error.

An internal error occured while calling the 'initInstance' API.

Did anyone face this problem and how was it resolved.

Thank you.

I looked at the error pdf and it said to look at the BO Administrators guide on how to trace system activity. However there is nothing specified in the adminstrator guide.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thankjs
Timmy Wong
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:41 am 
Post subject: Re: Infoview : WIS 30270 error.

Ask your system administrator for admin priviledges, and try running again. I had faced a similar problem, and that is how I resolved it. You'll only have to do this once, since it allows BO to obtain the correct version of Java.
neos
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:19 am 

Thanks, for the reply Timmy Wong.I am the admin on the system and I installed xi on my sytem too. There are no other computers connected to it aswell.

I got it resolved yesterday eveing, removed java, restarted tomcat and iis.Then when I started the infoview query panel, it downloaded java and everything was fine. I did they process 2/3 times to get the process started.

However still I am not sure what the problem ment, I will be going to the clients place this friday and if it crops up there...is this the same solution?

Thanks.
Timmy Wong
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:21 am 

neos wrote:
I will be going to the clients place this friday and if it crops up there...is this the same solution?

All clients who use WebI for the first time will need admin rights to install Java.

Sheshachala5
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

flag
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:03 pm 

This is a very generic error. We get this error very frequently but every time its due to a different reason. Even if the user doesnt have proper priviliges on any object this shows up. So depending on wether u are trying to create a new document or using an existing one the error has to be taken care. Its a Poor error message coding.
Abishek
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:16 am 

Neos solution worked for me too. I guess its something to do with Java Install. Because after Uninstall of Java, when get into Query panel there was an automatic download from Java which looked different from the one I had.
Thanks Neos
Abi
kmcmanus
Principal Member
Principal Member

ASUG Icon
speaker.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:11 am 

I deleted my Java Install but still get the message. I am admin on my machine. I switched the Infoview to the html viewer and still get the detailed message.

refreshed database and Reinstalled the who system with tech support and still get error.

com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.ServerException: An internal error occurred while calling the 'initInstance' API. (Error: WIS 30270)
at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.REFactory.createSimpleServerException(REFactory.java:43)
at com.businessobjects.wp.om.OMFactory.createServerException(OMFactory.java:149)
at com.businessobjects.rebean.occa.OccaReportEngineComAdapter.documentLoadingError(OccaReportEngineComAdapter.java:762)
at com.businessobjects.rebean.occa.OccaReportEngineComAdapter.initNewCadenzaSession(OccaReportEngineComAdapter.java:281)
at com.businessobjects.rebean.occa.OccaReportEngineComAdapter.newDocument(OccaReportEngineComAdapter.java:173)
at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.ReportEngineImpl.newDocument(ReportEngineImpl.java:539)
at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.occa.WebiReportEngine.newDocument(WebiReportEngine.java:285)
at jsp_servlet._viewers._cdz_adv.__openquerypanel._jspService(__openquerypanel.java:291)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:33)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:971)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:402)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:305)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6350)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3635)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2585)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)

Any ideas are appreciated

Latest Blog Posts
• 2014-06-28 Answering the question of “Where?” Why our Partnership with Centigon matters
• 2014-05-16 BI 2014 Nice May 21-22
• 2013-10-21 The New SAP BusinessObjects RESTful SDK: What It Means to You
Karthik_sub30
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:15 pm 

Hi Guys,

I have newly installed BO XIR2 in my box. I have got BOE .Net Infoview. I log into Infoview using the Administrator user-id created by BO by default.

Then I go to Auditor under public folders and click on a report , it tells
"An Internal error occured while calling the 'openDocumentMDP' API. (Error WIS30270) (Error:INF).

Also , on some other reports I receive error

'File ~ce1234ccd30yu4e.rpt not found on File Repository Server.'

I enabled the Auditor option while installing BOE. Is there anything significant I am missing here ?

Thanks,

K..
Karthik_sub30
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:06 pm 

Hey Guys,

Uninstalling and Re-installing the BOE solved this problem. Everything works fine now.

Cheers,

K..
Karthik_sub30
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:00 pm 

The same problem cropped up again. I uninstalled Java Runtime Environment. Then after logging into infoview , clicking the modify link of the document prompted me for the latest JRE download and install. Once I clicked and downloaded it , it started working fine. Thanks guys icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers,

K..
james.r.gregg
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:31 pm 

I recently upgraded BOXIR1 to BOXIR2 and also experience the same error referenced in this thread, but with a bit more detail - I'm not sure that it's the same issue or not.

'openDocumentMDP' API (Error: WIS 30270) (Error: INF)
My environment is Win2K3 / IIS 6.0 / SQL 2000 SP4.

My repository was migrated from the old BOXIR1 input server location to the new BOXIR2 input server location.

I'm using AD authentication for all access. My groups and users all stayed in place in the new upgraded server.

I'm able to run some of the WebI reports but not others, but the commonaliity is that they all use the same universe / connection / DSN on the server.

It seems like it may be a timeout issue.

I also see the following error:
(Error: WIS 10901) (Error: INF) which is more of a database error referencing the SQL Server ODBC driver.

I'm going to try applying Win2K3 SP1 to see if this updates the MDAC to 2.8 SP1.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please advise.
I have a BO support case opened up, but so far, it has not been very helpful.
james.r.gregg
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:09 pm 

MDAC now shows as 2.8 SP2 on Windows 2003 SP1.
The error still occurs banghead.gif
cjmart
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:03 am 

Any updates on what came out of this?

Thanks!

ltavine
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:07 pm 

Anyone still having this problem? I've uninstalled Java runtime, reinstalled upon trying to modify an existing report, restarted my machine (which I have admin rights to) and still am receiving this error 'An internal error occurred while calling the 'initInstance' API. (Error: WIS 30270)' whenever I try to modify or create a new webi report. Any help would be appreciated. I have 2 identical environments, and this is only happening in one of them. thanks, ltavine
cablegp
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:11 am 

I am getting the openDocumentMDP version of WIS 30270. I started getting this error after restoring reports from a biar file.

What I have found and done to resolve:

1. Open the CMC, go to Objects, find and click the report you are having trouble with.

2. Make note of the filename.

3. Open explorer on your server and go to the FileStore\Input directory.

4. Search for the filename from step 2.

5. Copy the file found to the directory listed in step 1.

6. Open the report.

Note, when I looked at these reports in the CMC I found that there was "no universe associated" with the report. That may give you a clue that this fix may work in your case.
Greg

Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Server Administration, Installation, Upgrades -> XI Server Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP