Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:32 am Post subject: Re: FAQ: Application Foundation
How do you get Application Foundation to show up within supervisor (for a supervisor not installed on the AF server)
1) Create a Share on your AF Server called Supervisor to
<drive>:\Program Files\Business Objects\Application Foundation\Tools
2) install AF302 on the local desktop, just the TOOLS piece, in C:\Program Files\Business Objects\AF
3) Open Regedit, and go to key
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\BusinessObjects\5.0\BusObj Configuration\BusinessSupervisor]
4) Double click on the CISECDLL key, and enter the following value (depending on which server you want to use Supervisor to administer):
For Test Repository: "\\ntsmxxx11111a\Supervisor\supervsrdll.dll"
For Prod Repository: "\\ntsmxxx22222a\Supervisor\supervsrdll.dll"
5) You should now be able to delete the local supervsrdll.dll
in the Tools directory of the AF directory you installed to above
Now When you run Supervisor, you should see the shared list of commands for Application Foundation _________________ Chris Pohl
Image link BOXI 3.1 SP3.2, LCM 3.1 SP3, BOBJ 6.5.SP4, PM 6.5.4
DB2 v8 via CAE 18.104.22.168, Oracle 10g and ODBC (of course)
_________________________ Follow me on Twitter Search is Your Friendô