BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Want to sponsor BOB? 
Want to sponsor BOB? (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Reset event count on recurring schedule

Search this topic... | Search XI Scheduler... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Enterprise Scheduling and Distribution -> XI Scheduler  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
NifflerX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:26 pm 
Post subject: Reset event count on recurring schedule

Hello,

I am using Business Objects BI Platform 4.2 SP3 patch 4 (Version: 14.2.3.2301) and within the CMC I have some reports that are scheduled based on multiple file events. I was wondering if it was possible to force a scheduled report to only consider events that have occurred within the current day?

As a more detailed explanation, I have a schedule where report 1 is set on a 9 hour schedule and waits for events 1 and 2. Once both events are received the report fires. The 9 hour schedule was created because when running daily if one of the events was late the scheduler would push back the next run time until after the event normally fired.

The issue I'm running into now is that event 1 occurs before event 2, but only 5 days a week while event 2 happens 7 days a week. This causes the report to fire early once a week. For example:

Event 1 fires at 12:30 Tue - Sat.
Event 2 first at 1:30 everyday.

Under this schedule on Tuesday morning the report will fire at 12:30 am instead of waiting for 1:30 because on Monday the schedule received the event 2 flag.

My question is, is there a way to force the scheduler to only consider events that have occurred within the current day?

Thank you very much.

-NifflerX
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Enterprise Scheduling and Distribution -> XI Scheduler  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP