BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Need a separate section for Design Studio/Lumira. agree?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Search this topic... | Search About BOB... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> About BOB  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Nick Daniels
Forum Aficionado
Forum Aficionado

flag
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 am 
Post subject: Re: Need a separate section for Design Studio/Lumira. agree?

viru4808 wrote:
The verdict is out on Lumira 2.0, seen a demo of both tools at a conference earlier this week.
What is the verdict?
ABILtd
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:06 am 

On the webinar now.

As a Tableau\PowerBI\SAS VA\LogiAnalytics\Spotfire user, all I can say is hmmmmmm.

BOXI R1, R2, R3, R3.1, R4.1, R4.2, CE 8, 8.5, 9, 10, SAP Analytics Cloud, Crystal Reports, Lumira, PowerBI, Tableau, JasperServer, iReport, LogiAnalytics, BIRST, Qlikview, Xcelcius, Netezza, T-SQL, PLSQL, DTS, SSIS, BODI, BODS, Kimble etc....
------------------------------------------------------
Mark P
Forum Devotee
Forum Devotee

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:19 am 

ABILtd wrote:
On the webinar now.

As a Tableau\PowerBI\SAS VA\LogiAnalytics\Spotfire user, all I can say is hmmmmmm.

Have you seen Antivia's DecisionPoint yet?

Fills the gap IDS/Acusend filled back when DAS/BCA were rubbish.

Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:03 am 

Mark P wrote:
ABILtd wrote:
On the webinar now.

Have you seen Antivia's DecisionPoint yet?

Fills the gap IDS/Acusend filled back when DAS/BCA were rubbish.

Yes mate, we used to sell it at Acuma for a short while. I nearly went to work for them (my old boss at Crystal is one of their main guys and the other main guy is ex-Acuma - same guys that wrote Acusend)!

It`s a good bit of kit.

BOXI R1, R2, R3, R3.1, R4.1, R4.2, CE 8, 8.5, 9, 10, SAP Analytics Cloud, Crystal Reports, Lumira, PowerBI, Tableau, JasperServer, iReport, LogiAnalytics, BIRST, Qlikview, Xcelcius, Netezza, T-SQL, PLSQL, DTS, SSIS, BODI, BODS, Kimble etc....
Nick Daniels
Forum Aficionado
Forum Aficionado

flag
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:05 am 

Reading between the lines here I am seeing the word "Disappointing". I would have liked to have seen "Good Enough" as a minimum.
ABILtd
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:37 am 

Nick Daniels wrote:
Reading between the lines here I am seeing the word "Disappointing". I would have liked to have seen "Good Enough" as a minimum.

I would use the term "mildly disappointing", maybe "meh".

They alluded to it being "One Product" (even lots of my SAP contacts on LinkedIn doing the same thing). But then showed 2 products which were obviously redesigned and branded Lumira and Design Studio, but with interoperability, a common back end and the velocity engine from Lumira used in Design Studio.

The 3 stages in Lumira are gone, which were actually good for non-techie users, they are replaced with a single stage, that looks more like Tableau and Power BI. They`ve finally made some inroads into creating some actually usable input controls in here now aswell.

The design studio side (now called "Designer") looked very similar to regular design studio, with the usual CSS and JScript munging.

I think the idea is that users can use the discovery part to build dashboards and discoveries, then, if they need some more hardcore UX and UI design, hand this off to the Designer part to enrich it. Whether that will work in a real scenario I don`t know!

joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:40 am 

I haven't seen anyone address this question -- will Lumira 2 support on-demand querying, or must it download the entire dateset?
Mark P
Forum Devotee
Forum Devotee

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 am 

ABILtd wrote:
Nick Daniels wrote:

I would use the term "mildly disappointing", maybe "meh".

They alluded to it being "One Product" (even lots of my SAP contacts on LinkedIn doing the same thing). But then showed 2 products which were obviously redesigned and branded Lumira and Design Studio, but with interoperability, a common back end and the velocity engine from Lumira used in Design Studio.

The 3 stages in Lumira are gone, which were actually good for non-techie users, they are replaced with a single stage, that looks more like Tableau and Power BI. They`ve finally made some inroads into creating some actually usable input controls in here now aswell.

The design studio side (now called "Designer") looked very similar to regular design studio, with the usual CSS and JScript munging.

I think the idea is that users can use the discovery part to build dashboards and discoveries, then, if they need some more hardcore UX and UI design, hand this off to the Designer part to enrich it. Whether that will work in a real scenario I don`t know!

Designer? icon_rolleyes.gif

Five years ago I had 15 years of experience in Designer and had worked on BO4.1 in 1998. I sense an issue with the space-time continuum!

Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:30 am 

joepeters wrote:
I haven't seen anyone address this question -- will Lumira 2 support on-demand querying, or must it download the entire dateset?

That was one of the questions I asked but no response! I`m assuming no for the questions that got ignored.

Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> About BOB  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP