BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Streamline and extend SAP BusinessObjects software 
Streamline and extend SAP BusinessObjects software (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: Upcoming Events: BONYMAUG: May 14, BI2014 Nice, France: May 21.

Apps Foundation configuration

Search this topic... | Search Performance Management... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Other Products -> Performance Management  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Paulmo
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:41 am 
Post subject: Apps Foundation configuration

When I try to create a new connection to either SQLServer 2000 or Access within Apps Foundation I get the message "The server is not responding.... ....Invalid Object name 'ci_connection'. - Error Code:42S02".
I have also got BO full client 5.1.5 installed, Webi, Tomcat 3.2 and jdk 1.2.2. The repository is on SQL server.
:?
minnowshark

flag
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:44 am 
Post subject: Re: Apps Foundation configuration

When you mean try to create a new connection, which step of the configuration are you talking about?

Paulmo wrote:
When I try to create a new connection to either SQLServer 2000 or Access within Apps Foundation I get the message "The server is not responding.... ....Invalid Object name 'ci_connection'. - Error Code:42S02".
I have also got BO full client 5.1.5 installed, Webi, Tomcat 3.2 and jdk 1.2.2. The repository is on SQL server.
icon_confused.gif

Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:55 am 

From Setup screen, choose System setup tab and then the dialogue for Available connections appears. Click Add Connection to show connection dialogue. After entering connection details into this dialogue, check connection works, but apply connection gives the error below.

minnowshark wrote:
When you mean try to create a new connection, which step of the configuration are you talking about?

Paulmo wrote:
icon_confused.gif
minnowshark

flag
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:08 am 

Paulmo wrote:
From Setup screen, choose System setup tab and then the dialogue for Available connections appears. Click Add Connection to show connection dialogue. After entering connection details into this dialogue, check connection works, but apply connection gives the error below.

It's been a while since I used AF, but do you need to create an ODBC connection on the app foundation server?

Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:02 pm 

Yes, I've done that and the connection works OK.
The AF server is actually on my machine which is running 2000 server as well as client software.
Is there anything else that I need to install, or perhaps any pre-configuration that I need to do before I can create a new connection ?
minnowshark

flag
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:14 pm 

If you followed the default instructions, then you need to setup Tomcat, IIS, Java first. Then setup AF using afconfig.bat tool. By the way where is your SQL server? Is it located on the same machine as AF?
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:10 am 

I followed the instructions and setup using the afconfig.bat file, however I did have a problem with SetAnalyzer.
The SQLServer is on the same machine as AF

minnowshark wrote:
If you followed the default instructions, then you need to setup Tomcat, IIS, Java first. Then setup AF using afconfig.bat tool. By the way where is your SQL server? Is it located on the same machine as AF?
khampton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:31 pm 

Did you set up the connection through set analyzer using the "connection" tool? Did you create the repository tables using architect?

ci_connection is the AF repository table for DB connections. Is that table within your AF repository? If not the above could be your problem.

It could also be a DB security issue. Does the ID your using have rights to see the ci_connection table? An easy way to check might be through MS Access using the ODBC connection.

Just some thoughts...

Karl
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Other Products -> Performance Management  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP