BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

SAP Ideas - request for votes
4 members found this topic helpful
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next

Search this topic... | Search General Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> General Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:54 am 
Post subject: Re: SAP Ideas - request for votes

Try this link: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/ideas-my
Nick Daniels
Forum Aficionado
Forum Aficionado

flag
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:53 am 

joepeters wrote:
Try this link: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/ideas-my

Thanks, once I sign in it just redirects to https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/ngui/sap/ino/apps/public/blank.html and I see......nothing. Second time I am in....I clicked on an idea in the BI Platform area and.....

Quote:
Welcome to the [PROJECT TITLE] Continuous Influencing Session.

You are invited to vote on, comment on and submit improvement requests for [PRODUCTS OR SOLUTIONS].

Improvement requests need [INSERT MIN VOTE COUNT] votes of different customers/partners to qualify for review. Reviews will happen on a regular basis every [INSERT REVIEW FREQUENCY], with the results being communicated in the corresponding review blog/webinar.
eek.gif
joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:48 am 

I noticed that too. Unfortunately, this is a recurring theme with SAP -- an upgraded application is released long before it's ready. I thought they would have learning from the very vocal backlash to the SDN migration last year.
Nick Daniels
Forum Aficionado
Forum Aficionado

flag
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:21 pm 

It is somewhat depressing. There is a song which has the chorus "It doesn't have to be like this" which I cannot get out of my head, for some reason.
dtolley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:46 pm 

Ugh, is it just me or are others finding this "improved" site horrendously awful? I feel like I *HAVE* to be missing something.... they couldn't have/wouldn't have released something THIS bad???? Would they????????
joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:15 pm 

You're kinda new to sap.com, huh lol.gif
dtolley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:33 pm 

Unfortunately not. But I choose to live in my happy dream world where they properly test products before release, listen to their customers, and create UI designs that are intuitive and user friendly because in the real world, we're living in a nightmare. banghead.gif
joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:37 pm 

Well, you could submit an "Improvement Request" (or whatever it's called) for that....
joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:47 pm 

For what it's worth, I understand the rationale for combining Influence sessions with Improvement Requests, but as with sdn.sap.com and help.sap.com, it seems to have been designed by committee, and to standards that were created for an entirely different purpose. I know the SDN team got (and continues to get) an earful from the many disgruntled users there, so hopefully they will get the message. But it doesn't appear that that has happened yet.
Nick Daniels
Forum Aficionado
Forum Aficionado

flag
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:24 pm 

Has anyone created a new improvement request?
joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:47 pm 

I submitted one for the the site itself: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/200254
joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:09 am 

Impersonate another user

Please describe your improvement request
Quite often, administrators are tasked with investigating an issue with a particular user's access to content, and need to log in to BI launchpad as that user in order to debug. Currently, our two options for doing this are:
Create a test user with the same credentials as the user who is having the issue
Change the user's enterprise password, then have the user change it again afterwards
The first method is time-consuming and isn't a perfect solution since the test user will still not see the user's personal folder and other owned items. The second solution is not ideal since it requires the user's password to be changed twice. In both cases, there is imperfect auditing, as there is no record of the user who actually performed the action.
I would like to see a menu option in BI launchpad that would enable a user with appropriate permission to be able to impersonate another user. The administrator would then be able to act as the impersonated user for the remainder of the session.
I could see this implemented with a security right similar to "Schedule on behalf of user"; A user would need to be granted this right in order to impersonate the target user.
The impersonation action itself would be an audited event, so it would be clear which user performed the actions during the impersonated session.
What is the opportunity/problem the request will address?
There is currently an inability for administrators to fully impersonate another user when needed to investigate issues.
What is the expected benefit?
Administrators will be able to investigate issues reported by users, while retaining an accurate audit trail of events.
RikDeclercq
Forum Associate
Forum Associate

flag
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:17 am 

joepeters wrote:
Impersonate another user

Please describe your improvement request
Quite often, administrators are tasked with investigating an issue with a particular user's access to content, and need to log in to BI launchpad as that user in order to debug. Currently, our two options for doing this are:
Create a test user with the same credentials as the user who is having the issue
Change the user's enterprise password, then have the user change it again afterwards
The first method is time-consuming and isn't a perfect solution since the test user will still not see the user's personal folder and other owned items. The second solution is not ideal since it requires the user's password to be changed twice. In both cases, there is imperfect auditing, as there is no record of the user who actually performed the action.
I would like to see a menu option in BI launchpad that would enable a user with appropriate permission to be able to impersonate another user. The administrator would then be able to act as the impersonated user for the remainder of the session.
I could see this implemented with a security right similar to "Schedule on behalf of user"; A user would need to be granted this right in order to impersonate the target user.
The impersonation action itself would be an audited event, so it would be clear which user performed the actions during the impersonated session.
What is the opportunity/problem the request will address?
There is currently an inability for administrators to fully impersonate another user when needed to investigate issues.
What is the expected benefit?
Administrators will be able to investigate issues reported by users, while retaining an accurate audit trail of events.

I voted for your request but for the moment we do things the following way. Our users log in with LDAP-authentication. But we always create an Enterprise-alias with a password that only IT knows. In this way we can trouble-shoot problems of a user. When a user doesn't need a BO account anymore we disable the LDAP-alias, so we can still open reports that are owned by this user.
joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:51 am 

RikDeclercq wrote:
I voted for your request but for the moment we do things the following way. Our users log in with LDAP-authentication. But we always create an Enterprise-alias with a password that only IT knows. In this way we can trouble-shoot problems of a user. When a user doesn't need a BO account anymore we disable the LDAP-alias, so we can still open reports that are owned by this user.

Thanks. I have actually done that too on a couple of occasions (we use Win AD). It does the trick, but only if the user doesn't use their enterprise ID, and there is no good auditing of the action.

Joe
joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:37 am 

Interactive mode for Promotion Management
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> General Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 39 of 40 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 38, 39, 40  Next

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP