BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

IBIS 2014: Limitless BI 2.0 
IBIS 2014: Limitless BI 2.0 (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: Upcoming Events: BONYMAUG: May 14, BI2014 Nice, France: May 21.

Optional prompt in Universe level

Search this topic... | Search Semantic Layer / Universe Designer... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Semantic Layer / Universe Designer  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
subash141

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:03 am 
Post subject: Optional prompt in Universe level

Hi All,

I am having a date prompt in a WebI report in which some default value will get display while refreshing the report. The issue is when ever we change the browser locale this default date value is not getting change.
The prompt is coming from universe. In the prompt definition we have given the deafult value.
The prompt definition is "@Select(Asset\Asset Install Date) between @Prompt('Enter Installation Date (Begin Date):','D',,mono,free,not_persistent,{'01/01/1970'},optional) and @Prompt('Enter Installation Date (End Date):','D',,mono,free,not_persistent,{'01/01/2020'},optional)".
This default value which is there is not getting change according to the locale. Thats why we are planning to remove the default value in definition so that prompt will display calender to user to select the date values which is fine.

The issue is when we make the prompt optional if user doesn't given any input value at that time prompts "Begin date","End Date" have to pick the default values. How to implement this ...?
Any idea please help me out as this is very urgent requirement. banghead.gif

Thanks,
Subbu
Uvee
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:41 am 
Post subject: Re: Optional prompt in Universe level

I have been hounded by this date format change issue when source datawarehouses changed from one vendor to the other.

This is one solution:

I always use a numerical format e-g, YYYYMMDD, for dates and this makes universe maintenance very easy. Users easily accept this when they see the ease of development and ease of use.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Semantic Layer / Universe Designer  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP