BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Want to sponsor BOB? 
Want to sponsor BOB? (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: BOB is going to retire...please see details here.
General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Why do I have to register? (+ other registration questions)

Search this topic... | Search Forum FAQ... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> About BOB -> Forum FAQ  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Bob
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:44 am 
Post subject: Why do I have to register? (+ other registration questions)

icon_question.gif Why do I have to register?

icon_idea.gif You are required to register to use this board to prevent anonymous spamming or inappropriate posts. Your personal information will never be sold or distributed without your consent. Registering for this board does not grant your consent.

Please note that unregistered users may still view the posts. But they may not create new topics, reply to existing topics, or watch for post activity.

icon_question.gif How much information do I have to provide?

icon_idea.gif You must provide a real email address. When you register, you will be send a confirmation email and must use it to complete your registration. If your email address is not correct, you will not be registered. If you ever change your email address, you will have to repeat this process.

Other than that, we suggest that you put in some location information as it adds to the "flavor" of the board. It is entirely your option to put as much or as little information as you like. Be aware, however, that some of the information that you enter will be public, so be smart - don't put your home address and your vacation schedule so that people will know when you are gone. icon_eek.gif

You can get an idea of what is visible by clicking on any member name and viewing their profile.

You may review our Privacy Policy if you have any concerns.

icon_question.gif Okay, so what kind of name should I use?

icon_idea.gif Use whatever you like, as long as it is not vulgar or offensive. The moderators and administrators of this board have final say as to what is vulgar or offensive. icon_smile.gif Some folks like the feeling of being anonymous, others like being creative, and some just use their regular name. It's up to you.

icon_question.gif What is allowed in my signature file?

icon_idea.gif Again, it's up to you, but use good taste. You can put contact information, a quirky tag line, link to a personal home page, whatever you like.

icon_question.gif Why... How... Where...

icon_idea.gif For other questions you might have, be sure to check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page provided here, or by clicking the FAQ link at the top of the page. You should also review the Rules and Guidelines before participating in the forum.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> About BOB -> Forum FAQ  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP