BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Lead By Knowing (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Report Functional and Technical Specification Document

Search this topic... | Search BOB's Downloads... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> BOB's Downloads  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
sid786
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:19 am 
Post subject: Report Functional and Technical Specification Document

Hello All,

Please find the functional and technical Specification document for the report development.

Appreciate your feedback..

Report Functional and Technical Specification Template.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Report Functional and Technical Specification Template.doc
 Filesize:  236 KB
 Downloaded:  17089 Time(s)

Marek Chladny
Forum Advocate
Forum Advocate

flag
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:52 am 
Post subject: Re: Report Functional and Technical Specification Document

Moderator Note:
Approved and moved to BOB's Downloads

www.perpendulum.com

Latest Blog Posts
• 2013-07-16 Number of reports in a WebI document
• 2013-04-01 Optional prompts in a universe
• 2012-06-08 Calendar table script for Oracle
shine

flag
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:25 am 

Thats great

Thank you so much for sharing this document.

I do come across some other documents with names report design specification ,reports requierment deliverable template documents.

I am bit confused about which is the first docuement we do after conducting workshops and meeting with users and stckholders in the inertial phase of gathering requierments.

IS that functional specification?

IS the Reports requirement deliverable template same as functional specification document?

IS Reprot design specifcation document same as Report Techincal document?

Do we take sing off from stackgolders or sponsors after documenting both founctional specification and techincal documents?

Do we have to write function specifcation and techincal specifcation for each indivudual report we identifed and gathered from users or Just a one functional specifcation documenst to define the overall reports scope of the prjoect?

Could you please clear those very basic questions?

Thanks
pabrams
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:05 pm 

Hi, you probably have some good questions about functional and technical specs in here somewhere, but I think you need to drop down a couple of levels before you try to understand the documents. First things first: You need to understand the language in which the documents are written.

shine wrote:

I am bit confused about which is the first docuement we do after conducting workshops and meeting with users and stckholders in the inertial phase of gathering requierments.

I'm guessing your confusion could be a symptom of your limited command of the english language. First of all, they aren't stckholders or even stockholders, but stakeholders. Also, I think you mean 'initial' phase, not 'inertial' phase... unless you are using some fancy new terminology with which I am unfamiliar.

shine wrote:

IS the Reports requirement deliverable template same as functional specification document?

What is this IS you are talking about? Does that stand for Information Systems? If so, I can't make any sense of what you're saying. If you're just attempting to use the english word "is", then don't capitalize both letters.

shine wrote:

Do we take sing off from stackgolders or sponsors after documenting both founctional specification and techincal documents?

There is no sing off from stackgolders. That's an alternate universe you're thinking of. In this universe we get sign off from stakeholders.

shine wrote:

Do we have to write function specifcation and techincal specifcation for each indivudual report we identifed and gathered from users or Just a one functional specifcation documenst to define the overall reports scope of the prjoect?

This question seems a little more coherent. The answer is it depends on the reports.
shine

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:09 pm 

Thank you so much for takeing time to answer all questions one by one.

You are 100 % right.I should agree ,I have limited command on English Language. typed some words wrong.

You have answered all my questions.
karna

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:25 am 

I have been asked to submit a detailed design Document. I did review the High level document but it just seems so ambiguous . could not get anything out of it.

Is a detailed design document similar to report specifications?
Can someone please tell me how to go about creating a detail design document?
BOXI Balboa
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:37 am 

pabrams wrote:
Hi, you probably have some good questions about functional and technical specs in here somewhere, but I think you need to drop down a couple of levels before you try to understand the documents. First things first: You need to understand the language in which the documents are written.

shine wrote:

I'm guessing your confusion could be a symptom of your limited command of the english language. First of all, they aren't stckholders or even stockholders, but stakeholders. Also, I think you mean 'initial' phase, not 'inertial' phase... unless you are using some fancy new terminology with which I am unfamiliar.

shine wrote:

What is this IS you are talking about? Does that stand for Information Systems? If so, I can't make any sense of what you're saying. If you're just attempting to use the english word "is", then don't capitalize both letters.

shine wrote:

There is no sing off from stackgolders. That's an alternate universe you're thinking of. In this universe we get sign off from stakeholders.

shine wrote:

This question seems a little more coherent. The answer is it depends on the reports.

Such rudeness for post number one. It is a shame to see this here.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> BOB's Downloads  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP