BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Want to sponsor BOB? 
Want to sponsor BOB? (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Oracle VPD

Search this topic... | Search CMC... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Security and User Administration -> CMC  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:04 am 
Post subject: Oracle VPD

Hi everyone.. Help!

I have search thru many articles on security. I get the @variable(BO_USER) ETL'd user table joined to a FACT or the good ol' designer security with restrictions applied to groups.

I would like some specifics on setting up Oracle VPD. How does Oracle know which user i have logged in with when the universe is using some generic mart connection. Also in Oracle VPD, are rules associated with the the table you setup, or is it more simple; columns userid, plus restricted data columns, e.g. account no

I am using v3, does the Enable Database Credentials in user properties have something to do with it, or is this something else or some other function, can't find much on it in the BusObj documentation.

Thankyou. All
jwhite9
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

flag
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:37 am 
Post subject: Re: Oracle VPD

To get details on how the VPD functioality works your best source of information is the Oracle documentation or your DBA.

As for how the VPD policy knows who is running the query? We use the Hint parameter on the universe connection and pass the BOUSER variable, the VPD policy reads this and applies security as needed.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Security and User Administration -> CMC  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP