BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Passing user id and shared secret in BO 4.1

Search this topic... | Search CMC... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Security and User Administration -> CMC  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
hena
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:08 pm 
Post subject: Passing user id and shared secret in BO 4.1

Hi All,

We have a BO 3.1 setup where we use trusted authentication and pass user id and shared secret in URL to a prelogon.jsp page which then redirects it to logon.jsp page.

The url is something like this:
http://web app:port number/InfoviewApp/prelogon.jsp? user='abc'&sharedsecret='xyz'

the code for prelogon.jsp is:
<%
String sharedsecret = request.getParameter("sharedsecret");
String user = request.getParameter("/INfoviewApp/logon.jsp?username="+user);
%>

I want to translate this into BO 4.1. I found this code online. However, I have a few concerns about using the second option in it. In this code below, the user id is hard coded in custom.jsp file while I want to pass it Dynamically from a program.

It is redirecting to logon.jsp page while I want to circumvent it ie NOT SHOW the login page.
http://davidlai101.com/blog/2012/11/09/how-to-bypass-the-bi-launchpad-logon-screen/

Any help on how to achieve what I have in BO XI 3,1 above is welcome!

banghead.gif

Regards,
hena
thesnow
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:34 am 
Post subject: Re: Passing user id and shared secret in BO 4.1

I think the hard-coded "testuser" in the sample custom.jsp is just an example. You would need the attribute already set by your external process, and use it to set UserName.
hena
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:52 am 

How do I get in from external process and use in the custom.jsp any thoughts. Also, how do I remove the message that says ""Click this to go to the logon page of BI launch pad". I want to directly go to the Infoview page.
thesnow
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:02 am 

It will depend on how you are storing the "user" variable/attribute, and how you pass it in to the login page.

For example, we use Shibboleth so have a customized login page with one button. We chose this because it also contains information about data loads, support, etc. Clicking the button sends the user to the central authentication page, and after successfully authenticating, redirects the user into Launchpad (Infoview). Shibboleth sets REMOTE_USER for us, and we configured BOE to match this with the Enterprise user for Trusted Authentication.

If you want to skip the button entirely, you could just set the javascript to run when the body loads.
hena
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:13 am 

Thanks.

To my original post, can someone tell me how to "translate" the query string method of trusted authentication and pass the user id and shared secret using the method described in my original post in 4.1? I need it step by step as I heard you cannot just drop prelogon.jsp file...there are other things that need to happen.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Security and User Administration -> CMC  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP