BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Sunset Ride 
Sunset Ride 

General Notice: BOB is going to retire...please see details here. All BOB forums have been converted to "read only" as of September 1st.
General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

BO tech support page not working / new SAP Support Site woes
3 members found this topic helpful
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Search this topic... | Search General Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> General Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:54 am 
Post subject: Re: New SAP support site for BO

I got that too while trying to view one of mymessages. The help note associated with the error instructed me to create a new customer message under component XX-SER-SAPSMP-USR, but I also don't have authority to do that either.

Joe
dnewton
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:20 pm 
Post subject: Re: BO 'tech support' page is not working. WHY???

sfaridi wrote:
The place to setup single signon is not available; combine this with a new 11 character user id I am not not happy. We will talk to TAM this week.

Do you even have a TAM? We (had) BO Premium support, which included a TAM... but I was recently informed -- only after I asked -- that they were doing away with dedicated TAMs and going to a pool-of-TAMs approach. What's the point of having a TAM if it's not the same one for your company all the time?

And they didn't even announce this change via a letter, they just slipstreamed it in...
dnewton
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:25 pm 

More complaints:

- It won't let me save my username/password in my browser, so I have to re-enter it. Not just once, but multiple times while moving around the support site. You have to apply for a security certificate to bypass this stuff.

- The menu option labels are not intuitive. I want to log in and enter a support request. Eventually you find it buried under multiple layers of tabs and menus, with the name "Customer Message" and/or "Report an Error". What? Why isn't it called a Case or a Service Request or a Help Ticket or any of the other commonly-used terms? And why is it buried?

- Oddly enough, the menu option that says "Request Help" brings you to the SAP community/forums. If I wanted help from the forums (and not from SAP directly), I'd expect to see a link called "Community"
or "Forums". Or I'd just come here to BOB. icon_mrgreen.gif

- When I finally do get to entering something, it forces me to first do a search in the knowledge base, and only then can I put in a request to SAP. icon_rolleyes.gif

- Data quality problems: I have 3 duplicate accounts under my name from the conversion (and received 3 emails and 3 paper letters). And, Our list of installations/environments was converted over from someplace but is so full of cruft that it's unusable. We have a half-dozen "Data integrators" listed, a half-dozen BusinessObjects Enterprise, and so on.

Here's a clue that there's a problem: There are links to guides/documents and to training sprinkled all over the place.
Training is no substitute for a good design. If people have to be trained on every little thing, then it's a sign your user interface design is too complex. Training is only appropriate when it's a task someone will be performing on a regular basis (once a day, not once a
month) and you want to get them up-to-speed.
gorthous
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:29 pm 

BO Documentation in SAP portal

http://help.sap.com/

then go to Business Objects tab.

Does not include KB articles.

Dave Rathbun
Forum Advocate
Forum Advocate

speaker.gif*16

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:51 pm 

I merged the duplicate (locked) topics into this one, so we only have one topic going forward. Thanks.

Latest Blog Posts
• 2019-09-19 Stephen Few Blog Post on Multivariate Visualization
• 2019-02-11 Update on Query Banding
• 2018-10-19 BI Evolution
Mitra Moini
Forum Associate
Forum Associate

speaker.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:43 pm 
Post subject: Re: BO tech support page not working / new SAP Support Site

You guys just be happy that the site is not in German only lol.gif

Mitra
sfaridi
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:12 pm 

not been able to read German would not matter when you dont have a login icon_lol.gif
Forum Advocate
Forum Advocate

medal_silver.gif*2medal_gold.gif
Location: *** BEEP ...Dreaming of Africa... leave No message ; ) BEEP ***

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:19 pm 

Hm, warum wäre das schlecht? lol.gif
kmspsu93
Principal Member
Principal Member

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:37 pm 

I figure I would add my experience to this group therapy session... nonod.gif

Business Objects/SAP said that customer data did not get through the migration and anyone who has not received their email or "gasp" snail mail should by the end of this week.

Our account managers have been caught off guard here and have been slow to get answers. This communication gap is a hallmark charachteristic of the Customer Support "leadership" for many years. The poorly implemented India strategy, Crystal aquisition and subsequent CRM implementation disaster that made support nearlly impossible for months...and now this debacle.

They finally tracked down our company info and the contacts listed were not correct. In fact one contact is an individual who has never worked for our company...just lovely. Meanwhile, I am not in the system anywhere and have no clue how to get to my cases.

We are a Platinum Partner, and yes I know in sitiuations like this...does not mean all that much...but I have informally polled 5 or so customers and none have received there S#. I have a feeling if I ask 5 more it will be the same.

The shame is..some customers will not realize this until an urgent situation arises and then they will have to deal with some poor guy in Chile with limited access to the facts to figure it out.

Last edited by kmspsu93 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total
dnewton
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:40 pm 

By the way, the 3 (duplicate) letters I received in postal mail were all sent from Germany. Who sends international postal mail these days? That's probably why so many have been lost or are taking a long time.

They should have done the actual mailing through a BO or SAP office here in the US or Canada, for their North American customers.
gorthous
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:03 pm 

hey! "kmspsu93" . I'm from Chile (check my flag) and also live in Atlanta. I wish it was some sap from Chile at least I'd have more ways to curse in Spanish. icon_lol.gif
Mitra Moini
Forum Associate
Forum Associate

speaker.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:40 pm 

Andreas wrote:
Hm, warum wäre das schlecht? lol.gif

It wouldn't. It actually may make some sense! icon_rolleyes.gif

Mitra
annewilkinson

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:44 pm 

I think every one of us should send the link to this thread to our Account Managers, and let's see how they reply (not their fault but interesting to hear their scripted BO excuse!). This really is a shambles, and not the first time! How can they possibly justify their support charges when they appear so incompetent?

icon_question.gif
cablegp
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:59 pm 

Nick Daniels wrote:
They have been advertising this for several weeks.

Where? Am I the only one that missed it? I am on the Business Objects search engine every day and I do not recall seeing any banner notice or flag notifying me of this.

Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:16 pm 

For what it is worth we have elite support. Where that falls in the realm or importance I don't know but no one at our company has received a letter or an s# or an e-mail as per the current "support.businessobjects.com" page states.

I did manage to call someone who informed me that I need to e-mail “'support.bosapamerica@sap.com'” and I would receive my number within 24hours. That was two days ago and still no access to my existing cases or the ability to create new ones.

This is total BS banghead.gif mad.gif mad.gif banghead.gif

Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> General Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 4 of 19 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP