BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

IBIS 2014: Limitless BI 2.0 
IBIS 2014: Limitless BI 2.0 (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: Upcoming Events: BONYMAUG: May 14, BI2014 Nice, France: May 21.

Avoid Duplicate Row Aggregation

Search this topic... | Search WebIntelligence XI... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Building Reports -> WebIntelligence XI  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Yilun
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:06 am 
Post subject: Avoid Duplicate Row Aggregation

Hi All, I have another "report configuration" question:

I have a global equity report that returns shares exercised details. This means that for every employee that had exercised shares, we'll report each transaction as detailed rows in the report.

In BO 6.5, this report worked perfectly. The report has 10 columns, 7 of the columns detail information about the share (i.e. grant number, stock ID, grant date, etc.) while the last 3 columns detail $ values. In the event that an employee exercises 3 separate "chunks" of shares within the same time period, all 3 transactions will appear on the "detail" report.

In BO XI, this report is not working correctly. In the example above, the report will unwantingly "merge" those 3 transactions into 1 row, throwing our total row count off (not to mention ruining the integrity of a "detail" report). It seems like in XI, the 3 rows is being treated as duplicates since the first 7 columns are the same for each transaction. I found that by going to Edit Report -> Properties -> Display -> and check Avoid Duplicate Row Aggregation, this solves the issue and it forces the report to display all transactions.

In BO 6.5, this option doesn't have to be checked and the report still works fine. What is the difference on the BO tool that causes it to evaluate this scenario differently in 6.5 vs XI?
haider
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

ASUG Icon
medal_gold.gif

flag
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:25 am 
Post subject: Re: Avoid Duplicate Row Aggregation

I dont have WebI 6.x, but probably the display->avoid duplicate row aggregation option was not available until 6.x and was added in XIr2.
So by design XIr2 WebI has the aggregated rows which can be overridden while in 6.x it used to show duplicate rows.

Its my understanding and I may be wrong.

Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:03 pm 

Actually, I think I may have forgotten to mention but this option was available in both BO 6.5 and XI2. In 6.5, the report works fine if you leave it checked. In XI2, the report only works if you have this unchecked.
kumar BDI

flag
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:18 am 

What's the object type of the last 3 columns in your tables? All of them are measures?

Multi color column chart dem
Yilun
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:41 am 

Yes, the last few columns are all defined as "metrics" in the universe.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Building Reports -> WebIntelligence XI  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP