BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

What Happened To My Usergroup Forum?

Search this topic... | Search User Groups and Conferences... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> User Groups and Conferences  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Bob
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:21 pm 
Post subject: What Happened To My Usergroup Forum?

icon_question.gif What happened to my usergroup forum?
During our upgrade this weekend we merged the topics from all of the different regional user group forums into this forum. The main reason for doing this is we were able to drop several dozen forums from the board, and that helps improve performance. Many of the regional user groups had very few posts (less than 20 over three years in some cases) so it really was not worth the overhead to maintain separate forums.

It was also difficult to start new regional user group forums as we needed individual forum moderators, a sub-forum, and so on.

icon_question.gif How can I find my usergroup posts now?
Not to worry. icon_smile.gif You might have already noticed that most of the topics in this forum now have a [TOPIC LABEL] of some kind. This label does several things. First, it shows at a glance which user group would be interested in that topic. But there's more. There is a new feature called the Forum Filter that will let you filter topics that have a particular topic label so that you can see all of the topics for that usergroup on one (or two) pages, just like you did before.

To implement the forum filter, scroll to the bottom of the list of forum topics. There are actually two filters there. One can be used to limit how many days old the topic is, and the other can be used to limit which topic label you want to view. You may select one or the other of these filters in any combination. The paging values should adjust based on the topics that match your filters.

The filters are sorted in geographical order first, much like the old usergroup forums. Within each geographical area they are sorted alphabetically. We hope this will make them easy to find.

Here is a screen shot showing where this feature is. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Image link

It is not enough for a handful of experts to attempt the solution of a problem, to solve it and then to apply it. The restriction of knowledge to an elite group destroys the spirit of society and leads to its intellectual impoverishment.
-- Albert Einstein
Jamie Oswald
Principal Member
Principal Member

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:42 am 
Post subject: Re: What Happened To My Usergroup Forum?

If I want to take over the St. Louis BOUG moderator/admin role, how do I do that?
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> User Groups and Conferences  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP