BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Lead By Knowing (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Combining cluster and stacked chart in xcelcius

Search this topic... | Search Xcelsius - Crystal Dashboard Design... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Other Products -> Xcelsius - Crystal Dashboard Design  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
vaidhyee
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject: Combining cluster and stacked chart in xcelcius

Hi,

We have a requirement to combine cluster (multiple column) and stacked column chart and produce an output in xcelcius. Is that possible using out of box components. We are using xcelcius 2008 sp4.

Just to give a background the type of chart i'm referring to is a multiple column chart split by category (stacked) for each x-axis label. It is possible using MS-Excel as showin U-tube video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UECU1AND-i0&feature=related
Debbie
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

flag
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:06 am 
Post subject: Re: Combining cluster and stacked chart in xcelcius

Not tried your scenario, but I have managed to successfully "combine" stacked column charts and line charts by overlaying one on top of the other and making the top one transparent. So my users can select which/how many of 20 or so elements to show in the stack, but there is an overall total in the line chart (so when all 20 elements are selected, the stack touches the line).

It's fiddly and you have to be sure the data returned is the same or your scales won't match, but it is possible.

Debbie
vaidhyee
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:33 pm 
Post subject: Re: Combining cluster and stacked chart in xcelcius

Thanks Debbie. We are trying a similar approach. In our case we need to combine 3 stack chart together
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Other Products -> Xcelsius - Crystal Dashboard Design  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP