BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Lead By Knowing (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Data Manager not working correctly???

Search this topic... | Search Xcelsius - Crystal Dashboard Design... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Other Products -> Xcelsius - Crystal Dashboard Design  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
mathiasX

flag
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:03 pm 
Post subject: Data Manager not working correctly???

I open up an new Xcelsius project (Xcelsius Engage 5.3.0.0 Build Number 12,3,0,670) and want to import some XML data into my spreadsheet so it dynamically updates in my compiled swf exported chart (eventually). I open the Data Manager utility window and click on "Add" button and under new I select "XML Data". When I click on "Connection1 XML Data" in the left hand column I just created, nothing shows up in right hand window pane. Its just blank! icon_eek.gif Am I missing something here? Is there some process beforehand that needs to happen first? I was under the impression that I would be given a host configuration options in that right had pane that would let me point to a URL and set the refresh frequency,etc...? icon_confused.gif
Andreas
Forum Advocate
Forum Advocate

medal_silver.gif*2medal_gold.gif

flag
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:10 pm 
Post subject: Re: Data Manager not working correctly???

Wondering if it is an ENGAGE version problem, works for me using Xcelsius 2008 SP3 Enterprise edition...

Focusing on Data Visualization, SAP BI 4.2, SAP connectivity, Data Modeling, and SAP HANA Certified Associate
mathiasX

flag
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:00 pm 

I noticed on the service pack/fix pack download page it makes reference to Present and Enterprise versions. Is Engage the Present version?
katullus
Forum Associate
Forum Associate

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:29 pm 

No Engange and Present are two different versions. But you should be able to connect to XML Data option in Engage version that you listed. Someone else I heard had the same problem....must investigate... Hmm
mathiasX

flag
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:18 pm 

How do you tell which of the service packs or fix packs on the download page apply to the Engage version of Xcelsius 2008? icon_confused.gif
katullus
Forum Associate
Forum Associate

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:59 pm 

In the download center, under file title & software type, it specifies which service pack & fix packs that are availabe.
mathiasX

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:11 pm 

thats the thing I don't understand. I am at this location...

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

...and when I select Software Product = Xcelsius
Product Version = 2008
Software Type = *

It returns fix packs and service packs for Xcelsius Enterprise,
Xcelsius Present, and
Xcelsius 2008.
Is it safe to assume that the Xcelsius 2008 updates are for Xcelsius Engage 2008??? icon_confused.gif
mathiasX

flag
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:22 pm 

It looks like my original issue was related to the wrong servicepack being installed. I have Xcelsius Engage 2008 but I think I installed a present service pack or fix pack and that is what made my Data Manager tweeked. I don't really want to try and replicate this since everything is working pretty decently right now. It just highlights the fact that the service packs associated to the engage version aren't really clearly marked. crazy.gif
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Other Products -> Xcelsius - Crystal Dashboard Design  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP