BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Want to sponsor BOB? 
Want to sponsor BOB? (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Contact Form
2 members found this topic helpful

Search this topic... | Search About BOB... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> About BOB  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Bob
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:58 pm 
Post subject: Contact Form

We've added a new Contact Form for folks to use. What is this form for? Glad you asked! Apparently there has been some confusion as to what the form is for...

The purpose of this form is to allow you to contact someone on the Bob Team when you can't log in. And only after you have tried the other options for retrieving your username, resetting your password, or getting a new activation key. That's the only type of message that will get a response, and then only if you follow instructions and include either your forum username or your email address so that we can contact you.

This form is not for:
  • Asking how to use the forum
  • Asking a BusinessObjects question
  • Requesting new features
  • Anything else that isn't a user account problem
If you want to know how to use the forum, or how to use a particular feature, use the Using This Forum forum. If you have a BusinessObjects question, ask it in the appropriate forum. If you want to request a new feature, use the Bob Projects forum.

As it says on the contact page:
Quote:
Use this form only if you cannot log in or cannot otherwise ask your question on the forum, or if you need to ask a question in private. Any other inquiries received via this form will be ignored. If you need a response, you must include your forum username or email address.

Still have a question about this new feature? Ask it in this topic, don't use the form. See how that works? icon_mrgreen.gif

Last edited by Bob on Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total
Bob
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:11 am 
Post subject: Re: Contact Form

A reminder: if you use the contact form, and you want a response, you must include either your forum name or your email address as part of the text you provide. For privacy reasons, no information of this sort is tracked on that form.

The last two questions that were received via this form could not be responded to because the poster did not provide this information.

icon_mrgreen.gif
Bob
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:21 pm 

Bob wrote:
A reminder: if you use the contact form, and you want a response, you must include either your forum name or your email address as part of the text you provide. For privacy reasons, no information of this sort is tracked on that form.

The last two questions that were received via this form could not be responded to because the poster did not provide this information.

And just today we got this message:
An Unknown Poster wrote:
i am unable to log in inspite of correct username and password

Folks, please, if you don't follow the instructions on the form (provide an email address or a forum name) we have no way to try to diagnose your problem. icon_confused.gif
Bob
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:25 pm 

A reminder about the contact form:
Bob wrote:
The purpose of this form is to allow you to contact someone on the Bob Team when you can't log in. And only after you have tried the other options for retrieving your username, resetting your password, or getting a new activation key. That's the only type of message that will get a response, and then only if you follow instructions and include either your forum username or your email address so that we can contact you.

This form is not for:
  • Asking how to use the forum
  • Asking a BusinessObjects question
  • Requesting new features
  • Anything else that isn't a user account problem
Bob
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:52 pm 

We continue to get inappropriate questions via the contact form. BusinessObjects questions will not be answered by the ForumTopics.com administrators. There are three options on the contact form:

I forgot my username
Use this when you haven't been here in so long that you have completely forgotten your username. You will be prompted to enter your email address, and your username will be sent to that email address. If you do not even remember which email address you used, then try to register. If it tells you that the email address is taken, then that's it. If that email address it not taken, simply register again. For privacy reasons we will not reassign a user account unless you can provide the exact email address.

I forgot my password
Guess what... if you forgot your username, you probably forgot your password as well. We cannot retrieve your password, but we can assign you a new one. That's what this option does. You will be required to enter your username and your email address for confirmation. Only if both items match will you be sent your new password.

Send me an activation key
Many systems think that BOB's emails look a lot like spam. To be honest, some of them do, and we're working on that. If you tried to register and never got your activation key in an email, first check your spam folder (or equivalent). Next, check other folders where the email may have been routed to. The email should be coming from "notify" at forumtopics.com. If you look everywhere, and still can't find it, use this option to request a new copy of the email.

If none of these options help you solve your issues with getting logged in, then you should use the contact form. If you can log in, then please do not use the contact form unless you feel like there is a reason to ask your question in private. Thanks for understanding.

icon_mrgreen.gif
manant25

flag
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:34 am 

How can I be the member of the board
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:18 am 

If you have successfully posted a question, then I venture to guess that you are already a member. icon_smile.gif You should be able to post questions (or answers, we like those too icon_wink.gif) in the other forums.
kelitoka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:51 pm 

How can i delete my username. Please help ?

Can anyone delete my account.. I am not using it anymore.

Thank you.
Jansi
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:19 pm 

I think you can send a request through this.

But I don't know why you want to get out of such an excellent forum. icon_confused.gif

Bob
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:25 pm 

Leaving is covered under the Privacy Policy. It's certainly possible (and I will have removed your account shortly) but be advised that the action is only done on the current "live" database. If at some point we have to restore the database from a backup from when you are still a member it's possible that your account will be retrieved.

It's not likely to happen, but in the interest of full discloser this (and other items) are covered in the privacy policy. Thanks.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> About BOB  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP