BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Sunset Ride 
Sunset Ride 

General Notice: BOB is going to retire...please see details here. All BOB forums have been converted to "read only" as of September 1st.
General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Sql Server 2000 -- Schema version number changed?

Search this topic... | Search DI: Performance and Tuning... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Data Integrator -> DI: Performance and Tuning  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
sbauer

flag
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:17 am 
Post subject: Sql Server 2000 -- Schema version number changed?

Recognizing this as a database issue rather than a DI issue, BUT, it is killing me, so I thought I would ask the experts to see if anyone has run up against this.

Something is causing my schema to change, (thus the jobs fail), I can restart the job, and it runs fine, becuase it has recompliled whatever it needed to in the view. Since this is coming back as a hard error from the database, it is ending the job badly.

"Schema version number changed from compile time (69943962852955105) to run time (69943962852955025) for ProviderName='SQLOLEDB' TableName='"database"."owner"."table_name"'"

We did have auto-update stats turned on, but that is now off, and the behavior is still happening.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks.
highandstoned
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

flag
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:47 am 
Post subject: Re: Sql Server 2000 -- Schema version number changed?

Hi,

perhaps this one helps ?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsql2k/html/sql_queryrecompilation.asp

Regards,

Gerard

PS:If the suggestions made above solved or did not solve your issue, or if you solved it by yourself, please have the courtesy to provide the feedback/solution by coming back to the thread. That will help other board members to learn about it.... Let us share and help each other...on Bicon_mrgreen.gifB
sbauer

flag
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:16 am 
Post subject: Re: Sql Server 2000 -- Schema version number changed?

Yes, helpful. thank you, a path I had thought about, but not yet explored completely. Do you think my schema-object change is being caused by a proc recompile? .... it seems to me that the error message is always referring to a underlying schema object, not the proc.

I do see a reasonable number of recompiles when the proc's execute, and the article will certainly help me isolate those.

thanks! ... let me know your thoughts.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Data Integrator -> DI: Performance and Tuning  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP