BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Want to sponsor BOB? 
Want to sponsor BOB? (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: BOB is going to retire...please see details here.
General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Default Object Properties

Search this topic... | Search Semantic Layer / Universe Designer... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Semantic Layer / Universe Designer  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Listserv Archives
Archive Owner
Archive Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 1998 1:33 am 
Post subject: Default Object Properties

I sent this problem at the beginning of this year, through our supplier, to BusinessObjects and I was told that it has been logged. I have not received a solution as yet.

How can I make the "Associate a List of Values" be unticked as a default?

Illustration: While in BusinessObjects Designer, right click on any object and select
"Object Properties...". Click on the "Properties" tab. The "Associate a List of Values" is ticked by default. How can I change this default setting?

Thanks in advance,
Lorenzo Escalante, Jr.
BHP Information Technology
Perth Western Australia

Listserv Archives
Archive Owner
Archive Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 1998 5:28 pm 
Post subject: Default Object Properties

In a message dated 98-09-11 02:34:16 EDT, you write:

>How can I make the "Associate a List of Values" be unticked as a
>default?

>Illustration: While in BusinessObjects Designer, right click on any object and select
>"Object Properties...". Click on the "Properties" tab. The "Associate a List of Values" is ticked by default. How can I change this default setting?

I don't think that there is currently a feature to do this.

If you are inclined to do so, however, you can directly update the universe objects in the repository. Of all of the modifications that are possible (none of which are supported by BusinessObjects, by the way, so take that into account before performing any of these actions) this is one of the most straight forward.

Log in to your repository database, and get a list of columns for the UNV_OBJCONTENT table. One of the columns is OBJ_LIST_VALUES. It contains information in the following format:

Position 1,Position 2,Position 3,Position 4,Position 5

Position 1 is the LOV name and can be up to 8 characters long

Position 2-5 are single character elements separated by commas, showing the following values:
2 = Y or N, N means No list of values
3 = U or N, U means users can edit, N means users cannot edit 4 = R or N, R means refresh each time, N means no auto refresh 5 = E or N, E means export with universe, N means no export

So, if you edit this column in the table you can adjust all objects for a particular universe.

There is another column, OBJ_LOVID, that contains the document ID in the document tables that contains exported list of values. If you leave this ID set with a value other than 0 (zero) and adjust the prior column then you will leave irregularities in your repository. To be safe, only adjust the OBJ_LIST_VALUES column where the OBJ_LOVID is some non-zero value.

As I stated before, any direct modification to the repository is not supported. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen... <grin>

Regards,
Dave Rathbun
Integra Solutions
www.islink.com

Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Semantic Layer / Universe Designer  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP