BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: BOB is going to retire...please see details here.
General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Why am I a New Member? What is a Senior Member?

Search this topic... | Search Forum FAQ... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> About BOB -> Forum FAQ  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Bob
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:45 pm 
Post subject: Why am I a New Member? What is a Senior Member?

icon_question.gif Why am I a "New Member"? I joined months ago!

icon_exclaim.gif The member ranks are not based on length of service, although we may be able to modify the forum software later on to do that. Instead, the ranks are based on being active on the forum. You are considered a "New Member" until your 30th post, at which point you become a Senior Member.

icon_question.gif What are the other break points?

icon_exclaim.gif As mentioned above, you are a New Member as soon as you make your first post. To qualify for a Senior Member you have to participate in the forum. Your 30th post moves you to Senior status. After 100 posts you become a Principal member.

There are other ranks beyond 100 posts, but we'll leave it up to you to find out what they are. icon_wink.gif

Note: spurious posting just to increase your member ranking is considered "spam" and the forum administrator may reduce your post count or take other corrective actions. eek.gif

Each rank also comes with a special image.
Bob
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:32 pm 
Post subject: Re: Why am I a New Member? What is a Senior Member?

icon_question.gif What are all the stars I see popping up?

icon_exclaim.gif The forum titles are a fun little thing for those that post a lot. Each post you make (except in certain forums) gets you that much closer to the coveted title of "Forum Enthusiast" or "Forum Addict" or "Has Way Too Much Time On Their Hands". But not everyone comes to BOB to post, and that's okay too.

As a way to recognize our long term members that might not say much, we've added a feature that places a star like this one Image link beside their name. You get one star for each year of membership in the forum, no matter how much (or how little) you post.

By the way, the basic forum rank is no longer "New Member". As soon as you join you are now officially a Forum Member. There are a couple of restrictions that we have put in place to prevent abuse. You can no longer view or browse the member list unless you have a minimum number of posts. You cannot enter a web site in your profile until you have a minimum number of posts. We had to take these measures because folks were joining BOB not for the fun and adventure icon_wink.gif but to spam us with their inappropriate web sites, or to simply scan the memberlist looking for contacts to spam privately.

We will continue to take other steps as needed to protect our member's privacy, the integrity of our database, and the resources of our server.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> About BOB -> Forum FAQ  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP