BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Want to sponsor BOB? 
Want to sponsor BOB? (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Cannot open any unx universe (IDT 23140)

Search this topic... | Search CMC... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Security and User Administration -> CMC  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
thirei
Forum Member
Forum Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:46 am 
Post subject: Cannot open any unx universe (IDT 23140)

Hi,

Imported today the "BI Platform CMS System Database Sample.lcmbiar" from C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Samples\bionbi.

Trying to create my frst report as administrator with an unx universe in Webi (rich client), upon selecting the unx I get "Universe xxx does not exist or your security profile does no allow you to access it (IDT 23140).

Creating reports from unv universes is fine.

I wanted to change the access level for Full Control but the "Add/remove rights" from Included Rights option is disabled. (There I can see the System > Universe (information design tool) rights.

Questions: is it an upgrade problem that not all rights are included in Full Control? If so, is it reparable? (I can alwys create a new Full Control B)

Questions: How can I othrewise solve the IDT 23140?
I also tried to add these rights to the admin for the universe folder containing the unx unverse but no luck.

Background: running on SAP BI 4.2 SP6, upgraded from SAP BOXI 3.1 SP7 by copying the setup with Upgrade Management Tool (to another new empty repository).

Thanks
thirei
Forum Member
Forum Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:33 am 
Post subject: Re: Cannot open any unx universe (IDT 23140)

Hi,

Yipeeee Monday and a BO problem to solve!

I created a new acces right (Full Control with All rights) and ticked "Granted" for all system, application, content, and general rights whenever available. Some of the rights were very appealing.
I also changed the top-level security for folders, users, universes and connections but still no luck.

The system we built that BO is bundled with, tells what exact right is missing (one at a time but still, it does not let you guess) Can't BO be more specific! banghead.gif Is there a tool or at lesat a security trace logging that can help?

Besides, my looking at unassigned rights for my new access levle I still can see some but I can't reach them.
thirei
Forum Member
Forum Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:49 am 
Post subject: Re: Cannot open any unx universe (IDT 23140)

‚ÄčLog on backend machine says "Error! repoAccess.getUniverseInfo() : [repo_proxy 36] UniverseFacade::getUniverseInfo - ISInfoObject has not been found". What does it means?
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Security and User Administration -> CMC  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP