BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Displaying Business Objects database connections

Search this topic... | Search General Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> General Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
KevinMc77
Forum Member
Forum Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:29 am 
Post subject: Displaying Business Objects database connections

I'm having trouble seeing the connections from Business Objects within the database. This is SQL Server using the Activity Monitor. (BI 4.2 and SQL 2016).

The DB is in an Availability Group (AG). The ODBC is set to Application Intent = Read Only and is being pointed to the AG listener.

I can't seem to see any connections in the Activity Monitor from Business Objects at all.

I'm trying to prove that the ODBC being used by Business Objects is hitting the Read Only database. This is for the databases relating to the universes, so the databases that the connections are reporting on.

I've tested using SQLCMD and on specifying Read Only it is going to the correct RO node. I need to confirm that the ODBC is doing the same.

I've looked into using ODBC Test for this, though it seems to be an old tool.

How am I best to see these connections? Apologies if I'm missing something really obvious as I'm no DBA or BI4.2 expert!
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> General Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP