BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

delete records in history preserving

Search this topic... | Search DI: Designer and Job Design... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Data Integrator -> DI: Designer and Job Design  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
RUC
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:03 pm 
Post subject: delete records in history preserving

Hi Guru,

Please advice, I need help with a solution in handling delete records.

I trying to implement solution by using this thread https://blogs.sap.com/2015/07/13/history-preserving-with-millisecond-precise-timestamps/

But in my scenario the source is daily generated file with a column that defines the row with A,U,D ( add,update,delete ). How do I handle the delete records in the target because blog explains table-table comparison but in my scenario when there is a delete in source then the deleted record with be flagged as "D" )

CLS69
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:09 am 
Post subject: Re: delete records in history preserving

Table comparison is used just to flag records. You can do the same with map operation.

In brief:
1. split your incoming records in 3 different flows, depending on your operation flag (A, U, D)

2.1. those flowing to "A" are already set, so leave them where they are until item 3;
2.2. those flowing to "U" or "D" branches enter a dedicated "map operation" component, where you set "normal to update" on "U" branch and "normal to delete" on "D" branch.

3. merge the 3 flows into one with a "merge" component and send the unified flow as if it were the output of the blog thread's table comparison.

Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Data Integrator -> DI: Designer and Job Design  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP