BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Input Controls not hiding sections.

Search this topic... | Search Web Intelligence... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Building Reports -> Web Intelligence  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
ken_nead
Forum Member
Forum Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:19 am 
Post subject: Input Controls not hiding sections.

I have a fairly simple report. I want to display a service instance along with the associated work notes for the instance and then use input controls to allow a user to see the note records of service instances for a certain type, severity, particular customer etc.

I sectioned the report be service instance and have a table for the instance header data and then a table with the notes records. The tables will hide on empty or hide on formula, but the section will not hide on empty or an isnull function. I receive blank spaces until I scroll to a Instance that meets the input filter

The section will only hide with an isnull function filtering for a variable that is being pulled from another query. I have another query with only service requests that have a parts order and then created a Yes/No variable. When that field is used as input control, the section hides when the Service Instance number is null as it truly is as it is not in the other query. The section does not hide on fields from the main query for the table.

Is there a way to hide the sections when an input control filter is applied? Is there a way to state hide section when the value selected in the input control does not equal the appropriate field in the service instance.
Thank you.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Building Reports -> Web Intelligence  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP