BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Want to sponsor BOB? 
Want to sponsor BOB? (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

send to BI inbox

Search this topic... | Search CMC... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Security and User Administration -> CMC  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
bension
Forum Associate
Forum Associate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:31 pm 
Post subject: send to BI inbox

I have one user who is trying to send a webI report to a BI inbox. In the list of available recipients they only see a handful of users, the complete user list is missing. When I login with my user (who has administrator permissions) I see the complete list of users and am able to send to any BI inbox. Where is this permissions set? I want to remove any restrictions so users can send to anyone other BI inbox.

4.1 SP07
bension
Forum Associate
Forum Associate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:32 pm 
Post subject: Re: send to BI inbox

I think I figured out the issue with some trial and error. I had to set the permission under 'Users and Groups' -> Manage -> Top Level Security -> All users. The everyone group has advanced access. I had to update to include the right 'View objects'.
joepeters
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

flag
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:54 am 

That's one way to do it. It will allow everyone in the system to send documents to any other user. If you only want your users to be able to send documents to other members of the same group, you use the method described here.

Joe
RensH
Principal Member
Principal Member

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:54 am 

bension wrote:
I think I figured out the issue with some trial and error. I had to set the permission under 'Users and Groups' -> Manage -> Top Level Security -> All users. The everyone group has advanced access. I had to update to include the right 'View objects'.

Won't that have a SIDE EFFECT, though ?

When you do NOT set this, users searching for "ABC document" will get a search-engine response including only documents who are (directly) visible to them.
When I tried and opened the "usergroups - toplevel" to Everyone, suddenly the "ABC document" was found ... in OTHER users' personal folders.
for "ABC document" there is no harm in it, but IF that document is built on universes the user can use, (s)he can also refresh its contents etc.
And .. it turned out that management people had documents revealing "too much" in the NAMES. Wich was fine, because within personal folders, they SHOULD be private (visible to the user only, and TECHNICALLY visible to BI system administrators who have a codo of honor / confidence / security ... they see everyhing, but like hotel staff: they won't talk.

Phasing out : BI 4.1 SP5 . Mostly Webi.
Phased out : BO-XI 3.1 SP6 . Mostly Webi.
Phased out : BO651, full clients. No Webi.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Security and User Administration -> CMC  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP