BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Want to sponsor BOB? 
Want to sponsor BOB? (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

SAP BI 4.2 Stable version

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Search this topic... | Search XI Server Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Server Administration, Installation, Upgrades -> XI Server Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Nick Daniels
Forum Aficionado
Forum Aficionado

flag
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:10 pm 
Post subject: Re: SAP BI 4.2 Stable version

My client went 4.1 SP8 to 4.2 SP5. We've not encountered many bugs. Some reports have 2000 lines of freehand sql and they are fine. I would say, though, that you have to use the Java Applet with any freehand sql. Using the HTML viewer just doesn't work when validating or saving the SQL after a change. There is a niggle with scheduling, I've just seen one or two examples of a schedule that should kick off at a quiet time being delayed....we're monitoring that at the moment. We were getting core exception error at random, one or two a day, but that is seemingly resolved with -RequestTimeout 3600000. I like the server group exclusivity and also parallel queries on WIPS.
BO JACK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:28 pm 

Been on SAP BI 4.2 SP6 for a couple weeks now and seems relatively more stable than SP5.
Nick Daniels
Forum Aficionado
Forum Aficionado

flag
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:08 am 

I forgot to say...the biggest problem with 4.2 SP5 was the promotion management wizard....it promoted content without issue but made a right pig's ear of the security on folders, user groups etc. So painful but not actually a problem post migration icon_cool.gif
looby
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:42 am 

Just to add that we are testing 4.2 SP5 Patch 600. Seems mostly ok but we have found an issue with the scheduling Delivery Rule 'The scheduled content contains data'. Every time it is used the scheduled report fails, even if it does contain data.

Given the number of schedules and publications that users have created we are now looking at testing SP6 instead.
cheenamalai
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:32 pm 

BO JACK wrote:
Been on SAP BI 4.2 SP6 for a couple weeks now and seems relatively more stable than SP5.

Hi guys, which patch version of SAP BI 4.2 SP6 you guys had most success with? Any issues that were encountered during testing.

Looking to test 4.2 SP4 P12 or 4.2 SP6 Latest Patch
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Server Administration, Installation, Upgrades -> XI Server Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 5 of 5 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP