BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: Upcoming Events: PGHBOUG: Aug 23.

[Webi 4.x] Trends table and backwards calculations.

Search this topic... | Search Web Intelligence... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Building Reports -> Web Intelligence  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
mbakker
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:21 am 
Post subject: Trends table and backwards calculations.

I'd like to create a weekly trends table, show opened and closed requests, orders, etc. And do some backwards calculations, e.g. calculate number of open orders 7 weeks ago, based on the number of opened/closed orders and the number of open orders right now.
It's easy enough to get the week from the creation dates and put it all in an excel pivot-table, but how can I automate this in webi?

I can get the starting week, as requested by the user in the prompts :
=Week(ToDate(UserResponse("psCreated after");"MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss a"))

And calcultate the number of weeks between then and now :
=TimeBetween(ToDate(UserResponse("psCreated after");"MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss a");ToDate(FormatDate(CurrentDate();"MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss a");"MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss a");WeekPeriod)

I know how to put this in an array in other languages, but fail to find how to do this in webi?

Thanks,
Marco
mikeil
Forum Associate
Forum Associate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:48 pm 
Post subject: Re: Trends table and backwards calculations.

You don't have arrays in Webi.

One approach would be to define 14 variables - seven for the orders opened each week, seven for the closed - and calculate backwards using those.

It gets messy, but it's not too bad if the user is sure what he/she wants and doesn't change it.
Mark P
Forum Devotee
Forum Devotee

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:05 am 
Post subject: Re: Trends table and backwards calculations.

Hi Marco,

Webi isn't a programming language and doesn't have the concept of arrays. It does have variables and blocks and works well with databases.

Personally I'd suggest two options, depending on the time available:

Best option but time costly is to build the solution into a database table, recording a daily snapshot position, which you can then easily use in your BO universe.

The second option, which is messier, is to build a cross table and use calculations based on the start and end of each week to calculate orders/requests opened, closed, still open, etc.

Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Building Reports -> Web Intelligence  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP