BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Connecting to Azure VM

Search this topic... | Search DI: Installation, Administration, and Connectivities... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Data Integrator -> DI: Installation, Administration, and Connectivities  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Nemesis
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

flag
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:39 am 
Post subject: Connecting to Azure VM

Hi All. Has anyone managed to connect to a database on a Microsoft Azure VM?

In my datastore, I've selected a Database Version of 'Microsoft SQL Server 2016' and a database subtype of 'Azure VM'. I've then put in the credentials that work for me in Management Studio and get this error when applying the datastore:-

Warning: Cannot establish database connection. 'ODBC call <SQLDriverConnect> to connect database <XXXXX> failed with error: <ODBC call <SQLDriverConnect> for data source <XXXXX>failed:<[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'xxxxx'.>. Notify Customer Support.>. Use the ODBCDriverSelector (Windows) or DSConnectionManager.sh(UNIX) utility in LINK_DIR/bin to configutr the correct version of the driver. If the problem still exists after selecting the correct version of the driver, notify Customer Support.'(BODI-1111341)

Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks, Andrew

Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

flag
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:59 am 
Post subject: Re: Connecting to Azure VM

It turned out that I wasn't doing anything wrong. Once I'd specified a SQL Server user in the datastore, I could access the Azure database with no trouble.
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:46 am 

Hi,

We are using Data Sevices 4.2 SP4 and trying to connect to SQL Server 2016 database hosted on azure as normal datastore connection. Below is error message from trace log.

ODBC call <SQLDriverConnect> for data source <*****> failed: <>. Notify Customer Support.

Can you please let me know if it is possible or do we need to install any SQL server drivers in our Job server ?

Thanks,
Karthik
jae13
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:42 am 

hi everyone! Im new member in this forum. Im[url] Lorelei from Philippines.[/url] https://loreleibanag.wixsite.com/consultancybylorie
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Data Integrator -> DI: Installation, Administration, and Connectivities  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP