BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: Upcoming Events: PGHBOUG: Oct 19.

how to promote instances with LCMBI4?

Search this topic... | Search CMC... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Security and User Administration -> CMC  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
docbo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:09 am 
Post subject: how to promote instances with LCMBI4?

hi,

how to promote report with instances in BI4 sp4 (or SP2)?
LCM promote only folder and report ... non instance schedule and instance history

thank's
Skeygo
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:17 pm 
Post subject: Re: how to promote instances with LCMBI4?

Did you find this out? It wasn't possible with SP2, but I was assured this functionality would be released with FP3. Now I'm testing with SP4, which includes FP3, and I still don't see an option for promoting instances...only recurring schedules.
Skeygo
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 am 

I stand corrected. Instance promotion now works. Not sure why it wasn't working first time I tried. Anyway, I do see a problem. After promotion of istances, the 'Instance Time' as displayed in the 'History', is changed to the time of the promotion for all the instances. This is a problem for us.
rit372002
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:17 pm 

Hey Can you explain where you see instance promotion? We have BI4.0 SP04
Skeygo
Principal Member
Principal Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 pm 

It should show up under dependecies for the object when you click 'manage dependencies'.
Of course, it would be silly if it actually worked as expected, so obviously there is a bug that is still not resolved in SP4 P3...after instances are migrated, the 'Instance Time' property gets modified to the time of the migration...which is a show stopper for us. We wait a year for this change because not being able to migrate instances is a show stopper, then it has a bug which is also a show stopper. How does this get past testing??? terrible!
spoons
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:14 am 

just about to undergo the ordeal of a promotion... does anyone know if this is actually fixed? or will it be the usual epic?
dtolley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 pm 

Has anyone found a solution for this? We are still on 4.2 SP3 Patch 02. We don't typically have recurring instances in our Dev system that we need to promote, and when we did, in 3.1, it wasn't an issue. But we have run across a situation now in 4.2 where we did have to run a job on Dev and are now moving it to Prod and MUST move the instances -- as in it not promoting them isn't an option they MUST be moved and the history maintained!

I see the recurring instance listed under dependencies in Promotion management and was able to promote it and the report (it's a Crystal Report), but the successful instances don't show up in the list of dependencies and aren't being moved.

HELP!
=================

Ah!!! Found the bugger!!! There is a setting under Settings > Job Settings where you can select "Show completed instances in Manage Dependencies page". Once enabled I can now see and select the successfully run instances, in addition to the recurring instance. YEAH!! Who would have thought to look there?!?!? IMHO, it should be an option right on the dependency page.

Since others had previously mentioned it was a problem, will also note that the instance time DID promote properly. The promoted instances show the original run time in the destination system.
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Security and User Administration -> CMC  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP