BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Want to sponsor BOB? 
Want to sponsor BOB? (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: No events within the next 45 days.

Design a custom report element

Search this topic... | Search SDK (VBA/ASP/JSP)... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> SDK (VBA/ASP/JSP)  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Macroman
Principal Member
Principal Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:53 am 
Post subject: Design a custom report element

SAP BI 4.2 SP4

Is it possible that we could design our own Report Element?

Already aware we can create our own custom functions.

The area I refer to is where we insert Report Elements to Web Intelligence reports, tables, bar, box, column, gauges, geographic etc.

If yes how does one go about this, I would like to create a new geo map using either open source maps so I can plot longitude and latitude, drill through, filter content and zoom or move the map.

Aware of CMAPs but there are open source options out there that I have already incorporated and works really well (all be it limited), but alas I am restricted now with amount of characters in a single cell and getting #Overflow because of the many concatenations of map points to plot on map.

So only other solution I can think of is to create my own custom Report Element and have it deployed to the server and client for customer usage.

Hopefully this makes sense and I will answer any questions or elaborate where needed. We are not interested in CMAPS due to it's limitations and cost when using Google API keys.
ABILtd
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:51 am 
Post subject: Re: Design a custom report element

Can be done. I`ve not done it, I think I started looking at trying to get some D3 charts or something in there once but got sidetracked.

https://blogs.sap.com/2016/03/15/how-to-build-a-custom-elements-service-for-sap-web-intelligence-42/

BOXI R1, R2, R3, R3.1, R4.1, R4.2, CE 8, 8.5, 9, 10, Crystal Reports, Lumira, PowerBI, Tableau, JasperServer, iReport, LogiAnalytics, BIRST, Qlikview, Xcelcius, Netezza, T-SQL, PLSQL, DTS, SSIS, BODI, BODS, Kimble etc....
------------------------------------------------------
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> SDK (VBA/ASP/JSP)  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP