BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: Upcoming Events: PGHBOUG: Aug 31.

Change data source type or map existing data source items?

Search this topic... | Search Lumira / Visual Intelligence... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Other Products -> Lumira / Visual Intelligence  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
norty303
Forum Associate
Forum Associate

flag
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:43 am 
Post subject: Change data source type or map existing data source items?

So I've just spent 2-3 weeks developing a test case dashboard in Lumira (1.31.6) as a way of evaluating the product for suitability (it's been horrible, I won't lie - too many niggles making the application just work... not sure how they think this is an 'end user' tool, I'm the head BO dev/admin and its confounded me and continually not worked in various ways!)

Upon publishing it to our BI Platform I've suddenly discovered that I'm unable to schedule it as I used the 'Universe' data source (which doesn't support scheduling) and I should've used the 'SAP Universe Query Panel' extension (which currently won't work as it throws a DSL Service Provider error - using single source UNX - currently with our support providers)

Assuming that I do actually manage to get the extension working, is there a way to convert my data source to the extension data source? Or map the existing objects to a new one?
A lot of work has gone into custom filters and calculated dimensions and I'm not sure I have the will to start again from the beginning.

Please tell me there's some light at the end of this dark tunnel....? (and its not just a train coming...)

Thanks

Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

ASUG Icon

flag
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:05 am 
Post subject: Re: Change data source type or map existing data source item

I think it might be a train mate. There are a lot of things that they just didn`t seem to think of in terms of Lumira in an enterprise setting, and then when they started focusing on Lumira 2.0, they ramped down any further development on 1.x.

Don`t get me started on Lumira 2.0...!

------------------------------------------------------
norty303
Forum Associate
Forum Associate

flag
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:10 am 
Post subject: Re: Change data source type or map existing data source item

Oh, and here was me thinking that Lumira 2.0 might resolve some of the pain...
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Other Products -> Lumira / Visual Intelligence  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP