BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Follow BOB on Twitter! 
Follow BOB on Twitter! (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: Upcoming Events: BI + Analytics conference: Aug 9.

table hierarchy question

Search this topic... | Search Semantic Layer / Universe Designer... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Semantic Layer / Universe Designer  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
BODEV1
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:00 am 
Post subject: table hierarchy question

I have table A with invoice details and Table B with person who submitted the invoice,their manager and the hierarchy details.I need to get the invoices submitted under manger details.Table A and B are joined by employee ID.Even if manager dint submit the invoices we need to get the count and number of his reporting people submitted the invoices from table b.Please advise if this can be done in universe.
Nick Daniels
Forum Aficionado
Forum Aficionado

flag
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:40 am 
Post subject: Re: table hierarchy question

Welcome to Bicon_mrgreen.gifB!

In short, yes. If you've joined those two tables and provided the relevant objects then without anything fancy you should be able to create a report that does exactly what you've outlined. Are you having a particular problem?

Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:47 am 

Thanks Nick.If I run report with manager of level 2 I should see all the employees reports to him and the sub hierarchy along with invoices submitted under each manager.I was stuck to get all that information from table 2.
BODEV1
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:59 pm 

Please advise if it is possible in universe to get sub hierarchy details.table from db has person name and his management details.if I run report for person I should get all the people reporting to him.tried creating som alias tables and tried to self join which did not work
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Semantic Layer / Universe Designer  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP