BOB: Business Objects Board
Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP

Register | Login 

Want to sponsor BOB? 
Want to sponsor BOB? (Opens a new window)  

General Notice: Upcoming Events: SAP BOBJ User Group DC: Nov 30.

Learn BODS RAPID MARTS

Search this topic... | Search DI: Rapidmarts and Business Content... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Data Integrator -> DI: Rapidmarts and Business Content  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
jyothisriram
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:13 pm 
Post subject: Learn BODS RAPID MARTS

Hi,

I am new to Rapid marts and need to work on assignments related to it. How can I learn SAP BODS Rapid Marts and find complete information related to it.

Regards
sriram
Marek Chladny
Forum Advocate
Forum Advocate

flag
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:05 am 
Post subject: Re: Learn BODS RAPID MARTS

[Moderator Note: Moved from General Discussion to Data Integrator -> DI: Rapidmarts and Business Content]

And welcome to Bicon_mrgreen.gifB!
ErikR
Forum Enthusiast
Forum Enthusiast

flag
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:24 pm 
Post subject: Re: Learn BODS RAPID MARTS

Which Rapid Marts are you referring to exactly?

SAP no longer maintains or sells the Rapid Mart solutions, they were all handed over to BackOffice Associates. The Rapid Mart solutions came from BusinessObjects originally.

They were pre-developed data marts with Data Integrator ETL on top, with BusinessObjects Universes and Web Intelligence Reports. I think most of these date back to the BOXI R2 and DI 11.5 days although they were maintained and available as BOXI 3.1 and Data Services 3.2 solutions and I believe they had just been "upgraded" to be compliant with BO 4.0 and DS 4.0 when SAP just got rid of them all together.

I've worked with a few of these, in particular those for SAP ERP and I was never overly impressed with their functionality, data model and ETL design. They certainly were not "turn-key" solutions, just development accelerators at best if you could look beyond the extremely crude design.

So what is it exactly you want to learn here?

SAP Certified Application Associate - Data Integration with SAP Data Services 4.x
Register or Login to Post    Forum Index -> Data Integrator -> DI: Rapidmarts and Business Content  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Jump to:  

Index | About | FAQ | RAG | Privacy | Search |  Register |  Login 

Get community updates via Twitter:

Not endorsed by or affiliated with SAP